Children are valued along with their skills, interests, and talents as God’s workers on mission, just like adults. Outside of the opportunities provided in our small groups as part of their spiritual growth and service to others, see below ways they can get involved with the Pick 2 Launch.
First, as a family consider the many jobs that could be performed with a child at your side, such as the Welcome Booth prep or landscaping, just to name a couple; sign them up with you. Also, below are some special jobs that children can perform on their own, with training and supervision from area leaders and are invited to signup for them as part of the Pick 2 Launch, (see even more jobs for teens and upper elementary on the Children’s Team page.)
- Room Helper: Responsibilities: Maintain table supplies of markers/crayons, Kleenex, hand sanitizer in Worship area & small group rooms / Skill Set/Age: likes to clean-up, likes to do things themselves, 4 years and up,
- Setup/Maintain Video Game Station & Game Area: Responsibilities: Make ready video game and game area for arriving worshippers, keep batteries current in controllers, suggest new games every quarter. Skill Set/Age: enjoys video games and games, 2nd grade and up
- Children’s Worship Assistant: Responsibilities: Help set-up and put-away Worship Area, Set-up / Skill Set/Age: Likes to help, likes worship, Grades 4th & 5th / Commitment: Rotation (See more in Children’s Team page.)
- *Worship Assistant for Intergenerational Worship: Responsibilities: Help set-up and put-away Worship Area with adult ministry worker/ Skill Set/Age: Likes to help, Grades 4th & 5th / Commitment: Rotation, available to assist adults with worship set-up 1/2 hour before worship time.
- Offering Person: Responsibilities: Help take up offering in Intergenerational Worship / Skill Set/Age: Likes to help, Grades 2nd through 5th / Commitment: Rotation, available to assist adults in Offering time.